The department and team
Shift - Monday to Friday - Working pattern with shifts available between 13:30 – 22:00 (Shift allowance where applicable)
You will be working on the front line to deliver delicious and nutritious meals for Care Homes, Local Authorities and Hospitals.
The ultimate goal is to provide a service to our customer that exceeds expectations while at the same time continuously improving efficiencies. As an Apetito employee you must always be willing to go above and beyond what is expected.
The company’s continued expansion has created the need to recruit additional warehouse team members to support the current operation and we are currently recruiting for the following shift pattern 13:30 – 22:00 working Monday to Friday (flexible and subject to change according to business needs) This will be a 8.5 hour shift which will entitle you to a 30 min paid break and a 30 min unpaid break. A reasonable amount of overtime may be required according to business needs. A competitive shift allowance will be paid in line with the above requirements.
In addition to the above, you will receive a comprehensive training program, 33 days holiday entitlement, pension scheme, he ability to buy additional annual leave, retail discounts, free car parking, subsidised lunch, free tea/coffee and much more!
Who we are
We’re the leading food producer for the health and social care sector, providing delicious, nutritious and sustainable meals for people at home or in care.
We’re also the parent company of Wiltshire Farm Foods, the UK’s premier home-delivery service for ready-made meals.
Through our wide range of well-presented, nutritious meals to suit every taste and dietary need, we aim to make a real difference to lives of elderly and vulnerable people in care.
We’re proud to be a Living Wage employer and member of the Ethical Trading Initiative. We support British food and farming and operate a successful programme of waste reduction and resource efficiency across our whole business.
In addition to your salary you will receive a comprehensive training program, generous annual leave holiday entitlement, the ability to buy additional annual leave, retail discounts, free car parking, free turkey (or voucher) at Christmas and much more!
- In loading stock for bulk storage.
- Picking and assembling orders with a high degree of quality and accuracy.
- Replenishment of Empty pick locations.
- Loading Vehicles for delivery.
- Accuracy and attention to detail are paramount in all areas.
- Reporting of issues such as Health and Safety concerns, stock quality problems, and mechanical breakdowns.
- Ensuring frozen product is placed under minimal exposure to ambient temperatures.
- Previous experience in a warehouse environment
- Is able to demonstrate commitment and stability
- Flexible, good attendance and timekeeping
- Multi-skilled or willing to learn new skills
- Open and honest team player
- A flexible, motivated and committed individual with a “can do” approach
- Calm under pressure, with the ability to work within tight deadlines
- Must be able to manage with the demands of a high speed and high frequency factory ‘picking’ environment
- Temperature controlled warehouse experience
- Experience of SAP/Voice picking systems