The Role and Team
The UK Child Nursery Market is a recently established business unit which has seen strong growth since its inception. In order to continue and accerlerate sales growth, the apetito UK Executive have recently approved a plan to invest further incuding additional sales resource.
As part of the increased investment in the sales force, we’re looking for results driven sales representatives to actively seek out and engage customer prospects. Using the product – system – service model, tailored solutions will be required for every customer in order to boost top-line revenue growth, customer acquisition levels and profitability.
This is an exciting opportunity for highly self-motivated individuals with proven business development skills and a real passion for selling. Contacts on a day to day basis will be the nursery owners, therefore, the ability to build trust and forge strong working relationships quickly will be key and the ability to close the sale is essential.
This role enables someone to make a real impact in the early life-cycle of a business with high growth potential.
Please note this role is a home based role covering the East of England (including but not exclusive to; Chelmsford, Peterborough, Ipswich, Norwich, Luton)
Who we are
apetito is the UK’s leading supplier of food to the health and social care sectors. Servicing over 400 hospitals, 450 care homes and thousands more through our work with Local Authorities, we produce delicious, nutritious and sustainable meals for people at home or in care. Through our food we look to ‘make a real difference’ to all our customers, up and down the country.
Established in 1958, as a family-owned business, our values sit at the very heart of what we do. We are proud to be a business that ‘makes a real difference’, committed to producing ‘great food to be proud of’. We have developed a range of products designed to ‘enhance health and well-being’ for all our customers. We are proud supporters of British food and farming and focus on using the best ‘ethical and sustainably’ sourced produce.
We are driven by a ‘passion for service’, dedicated to feeding some of the UK’s most vulnerable people, offering healthy and delicious meals to customers across the UK.
Ethical & Sustainable
As a business which operates within food manufacturing, we believe we have an obligation to make a positive contribution on society. With over 300 products in our range, we ensure our produce is ethically and sustainably sourced, working only with suppliers who share our commitment to making a positive impact.
We’re a proud member of the Ethical Trade Initiative (ETI), a leading alliance of companies, trade unions and NGOs, that promote respect for workers rights globally. All our new suppliers now operate under the ETI’s guidelines.
We are also a member of The UK’s Plastics Pact, an initiative looking to transform the plastic packaging industry in the UK. As part of the initiative, we have committed, along with other ambitious targets, to eliminate unnecessary single-use plastic completely by 2025.
We have also made a commitment to our employees – we’re recognised as an accredited Living Wage employer by the Living Wage Foundation. Joining an elite group of FTSE 100 companies and public sector organisations.
Here at apetito, we take our duty to give back to our local communities and chosen charities very seriously. In 2018, we raised over £30,000 for Alzheimer’s Support and Alzheimer’s Society alone, thanks to the incredible efforts of our employees and charity committee. We also support our communities through the apetito Staff Foundation, which gives financial support to the chosen charitable causes of our staff and their children. Since 2005, we’ve raised over £175,000 for these charities.
In addition to your salary you will receive a comprehensive training program, 25 days annual leave holiday entitlement, the ability to buy additional annual leave, retail discounts, free car parking, subsidised staff restaurant, free turkey (or voucher) at Christmas and much more!
- To ensure sales growth is in accordance with strategic targets built around nursery sizes, equipment provision, delivery efficiency and commercially astute pricing to generate profitable growth in line with expectation as agreed with Divisional Manager - Nurseries
- To ensure established business is maintained and protected whilst exploiting any potential sales opportunities
- To expedite the resolution of customer issues and complaints leading to outstanding outcomes
- To perform cost-benefit analysis of customers in order to deliver value added solutions suited to their needs
- Co-ordinate the sales effort with other members of the Nursery business and internal departments where necessary
- To identify, create, pursue and maintain a detailed database of prospects
- To ensure business risk is minimised through following of GDPR protocols
- Work closely with internal teams forging strong relationships in order to support the Nursery business
- Work closely with other business divisions in sharing of best practice and encouraging ‘stealing with pride’
- To promote apetito throughout the Nursery market via extensive networking both internally and externally
- Highly motivated and target driven with proven experience of achieving and exceeding sales targets
- Excellent selling, communication and negotiating skills
- Prioritising time management and organisational skills – taking charge of the entire sales process from start to finish
- Consultative approach to sales not hard product sell
- Strong commercial experience – being able to deliver profitable solutions based results
- Ability to handle objections through value-led focus removing price as a potential barrier
- Proven experience of developing and managing customers
- Good O Levels / GCSE’s to support a high standard of business communication skills and numerical analysis
- Knowledge of the UK nursery market
- Experience of the apetito product – system – service proposition
- Experience of food/nutritional/technical standards
- Strong networking experience
- Good A Levels/Degree educated
- Advanced Food Hygiene Training
- Intermediate Food hygiene qualification
- Passion – must display a real passion for this role
- A real ‘can do’ attitude – a positive and enthusiastic outlook in all areas
- Strong team working skills at all levels within an organisation, fostering a culture of continuous improvement and excellence in delivery
- Constantly challenges existing practices; strives for excellence
- Resilient & determined; persistent in pursuit of achievement
- Excellent influencing, listening and communication skills, strong negotiator
- Approachable & presentable and extremely attentive
- Logical and analytical, but with a results focus
- Prepared to work flexible hours and able to stay away overnight as needed
- Role will include a significant amount of regional travel with occasional visits to head office in Trowbridge
- Clean or virtually clean driving license essential
This role is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and will require an Enhanced DBS (formally known as CRB)