The Role and the Team
The role of Operations Manager is expected to show the passion, energy and commitment to create an exemplar of outstanding performance. They will be an ‘energy giver’ and have the ambition to succeed by delivering outstanding levels of sales growth and profitability.
This role will be responsible for a newly acquired business operating within a retail business division and will support a number of change projects to create a successful long-term business with the target to trade in the top twenty performers in the network.
The retail business is currently trading in the lower half of the group, however there is good support on hand from the business division and an eager local team ready to improve this trading position. This role will create the high performance environment necessary to take this business forward and get the very best from the team and opportunities available.
• Competitive – you will want to achieve great results!
• Passion for making a real difference in the community
• Believe in our values: delivering exemplar customer service, being food experts and trusted friends to our customers
• Have great leadership potential and a champion of team engagement
• Passion, energy and commitment
• Take ‘ownership’ of the business and feel part of the in-house team
• Set high standards – in customer service, team performance and operational efficiency
• Understand that people must work safely, so we can all go home safely
The Key focus of the Retail Sales & Operations manager is to achieve Top Quartile sales growth and exceed our profit targets. The role includes full P&L responsibility.
Activities in the business include:
• Leadership & Management
• Marketing & CRM activity
• Tele-sales – inbound & outbound calls
• Cold-store – picking of orders
• Delivering orders to customers
• Health & safety management
The team in the business includes disciplines in the following areas; Supervisory, Customer Service Advisors, Customer Service Drivers, Cold-store Pickers and Field Marketing. Our Business Support Centre is based in Trowbridge, Wiltshire and fellow in-house colleagues are based in other depots around the UK.
It is crucially important that everyone in our team understands our business and believes in our values, which are shared below.
We are absolute experts
Our team act as ambassadors for the meals we deliver from the calls we take from all our customers when placing an order. We are dedicated to learning all about the award-winning range we offer to our customers. We pride ourselves in ensuring each customer we speak to is made to feel at ease through the guidance you provide in helping them select the meals that will best suit their needs.
Location: Northern England (initial base Halifax with future requirement approx 1 hour drive away and to be confirmed). Working 5 in 6 (inc Saturdays)
Successfully deliver against sales and profitability targets
Lead and motivate the team
Improve KPI performance e.g.
o New customer acquisition
o Prospect conversion
o Customer retention
o Operational efficiency / profitability
Maximize the potential of our CRM (Customer Relationship Management) system.
o Inbound / outbound calls
o Marketing letters
o Team training
Create an exemplar with pace & urgency:
o Exemplary customer service
o Local marketing best practice
o Outstanding Healthcare Professional marketing
o High operational standards, including health & safety
o Ensure execution is outstanding
o Manage internal and external communication with apetito and franchisees.
o Participate in manager meetings, quarterly Regional Meetings and the Annual Conference as required.
• Evidence in delivering sales and profitability targets
• Strong Leadership potential, with the ability to lead and motivate your team
• Experience of people engagement / leading a team of up to 20 people.
• Profit Centre management - full responsibility for cost centre P&L
• Passion, energy and commitment with the ambition to succeed
• Empathy to deal with our customers
• Good presentation skills / ability to effectively promote the brand
• Willingness to be ‘hands on’ and support the team in carrying out their roles e.g. tele-sales, driving and field marketing.
• Change management experience and ideally a proven track record in operations project delivery
• Networking skills – ability to work well with colleagues across apetito.
• Experience of the elderly market - an empathy for our customers
• Retail, care or franchising experience
• Health & Safety training (IOSH)
• Degree or equivalent (not essential)
• CIM Diploma or other marketing qualification
The successful candidate will be a self-starter with a can-do attitude, proactive and positive outlook, with commercial experience and the tenacity to deliver results. They will be a team player, with proven experience of managing teams, with the ability to manage projects on time and on budget.
• Leading and Supervising
• Provides team members with a clear direction
• Provides staff with development opportunities and coaching
• Working with people, including mentoring
• Demonstrates an interest in and understanding of others
• Adapts to the team and builds team spirit
• Persuading and Influencing
• Makes a strong personal impression on others
• Gains clear agreement and commitment from others by persuading, convincing and negotiating
• Relating and Networking
• Establishes good relationships with customers and staff.
• Builds wide and effective networks of contacts inside and outside of the organisation
• Delivering results and meeting customer expectations
• Focuses on customer needs and satisfaction
• Sets high standards for the provision of high service quality