This new role offers a fantastic opportunity for an ambitious and enthusiastic graduate dietitian looking to establish a career with a company where great food and nutrition is an integral part of the business and an area of focus for continuous improvement and innovation.
apetito are committed to providing high quality and nutritious food to maintain good health, aid recovery and enhance our customers sense of wellbeing.
Reporting directly to our dietitian, the successful candidate will have a key role in supporting the development and delivery of food and nutrition solutions and services that enhance health and well-being for all of our customers , including patients in hospital, care home residents, children in nurseries and customers in their own homes.
The successful candidate will work closely with colleagues across many areas of the business including our sales, marketing, PR and product development teams and will therefore have the opportunity to gain both dietetic and business experience.
This role will include supporting customer presentations, providing nutrition advice, training and support across the business, delivering presentations, assisting with menu planning, advising product development and helping to ensure nutrition standards continue to be maintained and improved.
As part of their personal ongoing development they will undertake a development programme including internal and externally delivered training and will have high level exposure to apetito Senior Management and Directors.
The graduate will join a company that has a proven track record of fast-tracking graduates to management positions with opportunities both inside and outside the UK. With a competitive salary and bonus, phone and laptop plus accommodation and travelling expenses paid when travelling in the UK and abroad.
Please note this role starts in September 2021
Who we are
apetito is the UK’s leading supplier of food to the health and social care sectors. Servicing over 400 hospitals, 450 care homes and thousands more through our work with Local Authorities, we produce delicious, nutritious and sustainable meals for people at home or in care. Through our food we look to ‘make a real difference’ to all our customers, up and down the country.
Established in 1958, as a family-owned business, our values sit at the very heart of what we do. We are proud to be a business that ‘makes a real difference’, committed to producing ‘great food to be proud of’. We have developed a range of products designed to ‘enhance health and well-being’ for all our customers. We are proud supporters of British food and farming and focus on using the best ‘ethical and sustainably’ sourced produce.
We are driven by a ‘passion for service’, dedicated to feeding some of the UK’s most vulnerable people, offering healthy and delicious meals to customers across the UK.
Ethical & Sustainable
As a business which operates within food manufacturing, we believe we have an obligation to make a positive contribution on society. With over 300 products in our range, we ensure our produce is ethically and sustainably sourced, working only with suppliers who share our commitment to making a positive impact.
We’re a proud member of the Ethical Trade Initiative (ETI), a leading alliance of companies, trade unions and NGOs, that promote respect for workers’ rights globally. All our new suppliers now operate under the ETI’s guidelines.
We are also a member of The UK’s Plastics Pact, an initiative looking to transform the plastic packaging industry in the UK. As part of the initiative, we have committed, along with other ambitious targets, to eliminate unnecessary single-use plastic completely by 2025.
We have also made a commitment to our employees – we’re recognised as an accredited Living Wage employer by the Living Wage Foundation. Joining an elite group of FTSE 100 companies and public sector organisations.
Here at apetito, we take our duty to give back to our local communities and chosen charities very seriously. In 2018, we raised over £30,000 for Alzheimer’s Support and Alzheimer’s Society alone, thanks to the incredible efforts of our employees and charity committee. We also support our communities through the apetito Staff Foundation, which gives financial support to the chosen charitable causes of our staff and their children. Since 2005, we’ve raised over £200,000 for these charities.
This role forms part of our Graduate Development Programme full details on the programme can be found on our careers pages at apetito Graduates
- Providing nutrition advice and support to our teams across the business
- Providing customer facing support to our business unit teams with tender submissions, product visits and presentations - demonstrating our strong nutrition credentials to customers.
- Answering customer queries on nutrition and health in relation to our food
- Supporting and presenting at relevant conferences and shows
- Writing articles on key nutritional concerns for our customers (e.g. malnutrition and dysphagia)
- Developing and delivering internal and external training on nutrition topics including clinically focused education
- Providing menu development, planning and training support
- Identifying and responding to changes in relevant policies and trends related to public health nutrition
- Helping to ensure external nutrition standards are met across our business
- Helping to establish and maintain internal nutrition targets and policies
- Working with the Product Development team to identify new opportunities that make a real difference for our customers and create competitive advantage
- Helping to set, review and maintain nutrition targets for new and improved products
- Relevant dietetic qualification or currently working toward this, for completion in time with job start date in 2021 (e.g. BSc in dietetics or post graduate qualification)
- Registered dietitian with the Health and Care Professions Council or eligible for registration by job start date
- Full driving licence
- Food hygiene certificate
- member of the British Dietetic Association (student membership relevant here)
Experience and knowledge
- Experience of working in hospitals (clinical placement experience)
- Motivated to work in the food industry to make a real difference
- Awareness of relevant nutrition standards,
- Ability to apply evidence-base to practice and project work
- Experience of dietetics in the community including specialities such as stroke recovery and dysphagia management
- Experience of care of the elderly
- Experience of working with food – e.g. in the manufacturing industry, food service or catering
- Experience in working with hospital catering departments (clinical placement experience valid here)
- Menu planning experience
- Experience of/interest in health writing