The Role and Team
This role will be working on a alternating shift pattern of 06:00 - 14:00 and 14:00 - 22:00 and will include every 1 in 4 Saturdays 06:00 - 14:00
£38,998 per annum + £1.20 per hour shift allowance
The role is of multi skill discipline with a requirement to be experienced in industrial refrigeration and all site services. As such is crucial to the successful running of apetito production.
Day to day activities include:
- Plant start-up including 5 x spiral freezers across 2 sites (located within walking distance from each other)
- Ammonia refrigeration
- 2 x frigoscandia refrigeration plants, LUS and pumped
- 1 x two stage pumped liquid hi and low york/fric screw compressor 8 ton NH3
- Star Plants LPR Systems x 4
- York Cube, High Speed Cube, Pumped System Cold Store
- 3x steam Raising Boilers
- Domestic hot water system
- Air supply
- Air handling equipment
- Various commercial refrigeration plants
- Effluent process system
- Factory wide sprinkler system
- Legionella control
Who we are
We’re the leading food producer for the health and social care sector, providing delicious, nutritious and sustainable meals for people at home or in care.
We’re also the parent company of Wiltshire Farm Foods, the UK’s premier home-delivery service for ready-made meals.
Through our wide range of well-presented, nutritious meals to suit every taste and dietary need, we aim to make a real difference to lives of elderly and vulnerable people in care.
We’re proud to be a Living Wage employer and member of the Ethical Trading Initiative. We support British food and farming and operate a successful programme of waste reduction and resource efficiency across our whole business.
In addition to your salary you will receive a comprehensive training program, 25 days annual leave holiday entitlement, the ability to buy additional annual leave, retail discounts, free car parking, Turkey or give vourcher at Christmas and much more!
- Making sure that all Spiral Freezers and Refrigeration Plants are ready and available to start up production lines on time.
- Carry out lubrication and maintenance schedules
- Schedules as per O&M recommendations
- Carry out daily checks of all plant room, roof void equipment for all site services
- Ammonia refrigeration, air, steam, water, hygiene and electrical supply/controls.
- The above maintenance routines to be carried out on time to PPM schedule.
- Contribute to continuous PPM development
- Identify shortfalls in spares holding
- Drive forward energy reduction with regard to all Utilities
- Liaise with internal departments to ensure windows for taking the plants down is agreed before hand
- Supervise external contractors and visitors
- Active involvement in department cost reduction initiatives
- Ammonia competent experience and handling
- Safe Handling of Ammonia covered by a City & Guilds 2079-2 or equivalent training body
- City & Guilds NVQ2 in refrigeration service and maintenance
- Experience in Industrial Refrigeration maintenance.
- Electrically competent to be able to fault find.
- Ability to read electrical drawings including 3 phase.
- Steam, Compressed air and Building Services.
- Water Hygiene and Evaporative Cooling Tower experience.
- Health & Safety
- GCSE or equivalent level Maths and English.
- 18th Edition IEF.
- Plant and Spiral experience.
- Star refrigeration experience.
- Previous food manufacturing background
- National Certificate in Refrigeration & Air Conditioning.
- National Certificate in Electrical Engineering.
- National Certificate in Mechanical Engineering.