The Role and Team
This role will be working on a alternating shift pattern of 06:00 - 14:00 and 14:00 - 22:00 and will include every 1 in 4 Saturdays 06:00 - 14:00
The role is based at Trowbridge across both Meals and Pie Manufacturing sites.
The role is of multi skill discipline with a preference to experienced industrial refrigeration and all site services. As such is crucial to the successful running of apetito production.
Day to day activities include:
- Plant start-up including 5 x spiral freezers across 2 sites
- Ammonia refrigeration
- 2 x frigoscandia refrigeration plants, LUS and pumped
- 1 x two stage pumped liquid hi and low york/fric screw compressor 8 ton NH3
- Star Plants LPR Systems x 4
- York Cube, High Speed Cube, Pumped System Cold Store
- 3x steam Raising Boilers
- Domestic hot water system
- Air supply
- Air handling equipment
- Various commercial refrigeration plants
- Effluent process system
- Factory wide sprinkler system
- Legionella contro
Who We are
apetito is the UK’s leading supplier of food to the health and social care sectors. Servicing over 400 hospitals, 450 care homes and thousands more through our work with Local Authorities, we produce delicious, nutritious and sustainable meals for people at home or in care. Through our food we look to ‘make a real difference’ to all our customers, up and down the country.
Established in 1958, as a family-owned business, our values sit at the very heart of what we do. We are proud to be a business that ‘makes a real difference’, committed to producing ‘great food to be proud of’. We have developed a range of products designed to ‘enhance health and well-being’for all our customers. We are proud supporters of British food and farming and focus on using the best ‘ethical and sustainably’ sourced produce.
We are driven by a ‘passion for service’, dedicated to feeding some of the UK’s most vulnerable people, offering healthy and delicious meals to customers across the UK.
Ethical & Sustainable
As a business which operates within food manufacturing, we believe we have an obligation to make a positive contribution on society. With over 300 products in our range, we ensure our produce is ethically and sustainably sourced, working only with suppliers who share our commitment to making a positive impact.
We’re a proud member of the Ethical Trade Initiative (ETI), a leading alliance of companies, trade unions and NGOs, that promote respect for workers rights globally. All our new suppliers now operate under the ETI’s guidelines.
We are also a member of The UK’s Plastics Pact, an initiative looking to transform the plastic packaging industry in the UK. As part of the initiative, we have committed, along with other ambitious targets, to eliminate unnecessary single-use plastic completely by 2025.
We have also made a commitment to our employees – we’re recognised as an accredited Living Wage employer by the Living Wage Foundation. Joining an elite group of FTSE 100 companies and public sector organisations.
Here at apetito, we take our duty to give back to our local communities and chosen charities very seriously. In 2018, we raised over £30,000 for Alzheimer’s Support and Alzheimer’s Society alone, thanks to the incredible efforts of our employees and charity committee. We also support our communities through the apetito Staff Foundation, which gives financial support to the chosen charitable causes of our staff and their children. Since 2005, we’ve raised over £200,000 for these charities.
- Making sure that all Spiral Freezers and Refrigeration Plants are ready and available to start up production lines on time.
- Carry out lubrication and maintenance schedules
- Schedules as per O&M recommendations
- Carry out daily checks of all plant room, roof void equipment for all site services
- Ammonia refrigeration, air, steam, water, hygiene and electrical supply/controls.
- The above maintenance routines to be carried out on time to PPM schedule.
- Contribute to continuous PPM development
- Identify shortfalls in spares holding
- Drive forward energy reduction with regard to all Utilities
- Liaise with internal departments to ensure windows for taking the plants down is agreed before hand
- Supervise external contractors and visitors
- Active involvement in department cost reduction initiatives
- Ammonia competent experience.
- Experience in Industrial Refrigeration maintenance.
- Electrically competent to be able to fault find.
- Ability to read electrical drawings including 3 phase.
- Steam, Compressed air and Building Services.
- Water Hygiene and Evaporative Cooling Tower experience.
- Health & Safety
- GCSE or equivalent level Maths and English.
- Basic refrigeration qualification.
- Ammonia handling
- 18th Edition IEF.
- Plant and Spiral experience.
- Star refrigeration experience.
- Previous food manufacturing background
- National Certificate in Refrigeration & Air Conditioning.
- National Certificate in Electrical Engineering.
- National Certificate in Mechanical Engineering.