The department and team
Our community meals service delivers hot meals to some of society's most vulnerable adults. We have contracts throughout the country that offer a seven day a week food service solution for this client base.
All of our meals are prepared by chefs in our own Trowbridge kitchen and can cater for a wide variety of tastes, ethnicities and dietary requirements.
The service that we provide is much more than simply providing a hot meal; we provide a 'safe & well-being check' and have a rigorous process of reporting of any illnesses and unforeseen circumstances that we might come across. We will even wait with a customer until a relative or ambulance attends the scene.
A passion for supporting vulnerable people, together with a great attitude towards customer service is essential for this role. You will support the Sales & Contracts Manager by being responsible for the day to day operational performance of the Gloucestershire Contract. You will be responsible for both the driver and administrative workstreams; having input into the financial performance, health & safety, client liaison, recruitment and the training and development of your team.
The ideal candidate should be inspirational, challenge the norm and not be afraid to think big!
Who we are
We’re the leading food producer for the health and social care sector, providing delicious, nutritious and sustainable meals for people at home or in care.
We’re also the parent company of Wiltshire Farm Foods, the UK’s premier home-delivery service for ready-made meals.
Through our wide range of well-presented, nutritious meals to suit every taste and dietary need, we aim to make a real difference to lives of elderly and vulnerable people in care.
We’re proud to be a Living Wage employer and member of the Ethical Trading Initiative. We support British food and farming and operate a successful programme of waste reduction and resource efficiency across our whole business.
In addition to your salary you will receive a comprehensive training program, 25 days annual leave holiday entitlement, the ability to buy additional annual leave, retail discounts, free turkey (or voucher) at Christmas and much more!
- Ensure Health & Safety, Hygiene and Food Safety procedures & practices are adhered to and followed at all times
- Ensure adequate, cost effective resource levels are in place
- Work with and support staff on a day-to-day basis to deliver profitability and service standards.
- Ensure all behaviours are in line with apetito’s Code of Conduct
- Maintain excellent operational standards throughout the Contract
- Adherence to all apetito procedures and deadlines
- Ensure all company vehicles are maintained as appropriate
- Deputise for the Sales and Contracts Manager in their absence
- Support the Sales & Contracts Manager to develop a detailed budget to deliver company and client business objectives
- Agree contract KPIs, monitor performance against KPIs and drive/manage performance and profitability to ensure achievement
- Achieve budgeted sales and profitability, influence key P&L drivers and accurately forecast future financial performance
- Demonstrable leadership and coaching/ support provided to employees on a day-to-day basis to increase engagement and motivation
- Recruit, induct, develop, appraise and review contracted employees as appropriate to ensure successful sign-off probationary
- Identify and manage training and development needs
- Champion and oversee excellent service standards
- Ensure all processes are communicated and followed by all personnel
- Promote and instil belief in customer service ensuring customer expectations are met and where opportunities arise, exceeded
- Maintain excellent communications with client employees ensuring quality information is exchanged when appropriate ie feedback from Leadership Conference
- Deliver all client and company administration and reporting requirements
- Abide by client, company and legislative policies and procedures ensuring consistent compliance
- Maintain quality and standards of overall presentation, ensuring adherence to company and agreed contract standards
- Champion Employee Forums – promote attendance/engagement by Employee Representatives
- Create excellent inter-company relationships within departments (ie HR, Finance etc., ) and divisions
- Demonstrate a high standard of customer care
- Telephone skills: able to handle calls effectively and professionally
- Administration experience
- Proven experience in stock control
- Proven ability in managing and developing a team
- Confident in people management activities e.g. recruitment, sickness absence, performance management and disciplinary procedures
- Able to understand and translate P&L accounts
- Experienced in prioritising workload
- Computer skills: confident users of all Microsoft Office Suite (Intermediate level or above)
- Transport & Logistics background
- eMeal (Navision) knowledge
- Contract Catering experience
- Fleet management experience
- Level 3 Food Hygiene Certificate
- Effective engagement skills, both on a 1-2-1 basis and within a team
- Calm under pressure – resilient
- Able to work to tight deadlines
- Able to work self-sufficiently
- Excellent communicator
- Demonstrates a passion for customer care
- Motivated to achieve, has a “can do” attitude
- Pro-active self starter who can prioritise effectively, balancing a commercial focus with an understanding of our business
- Strong team working skills at all levels, fostering a culture of continuous improvement and excellence in delivery
- Results focused, persistent in pursuit of achievement
- From time to time, you will be required to visit our Trowbridge Factory and other depots & locations for meetings, training etc and other depots which may require overnight stays.
- This role is exempt from The Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974, and requires and Enhanced DBS Disclosure.