Following a period of research and construction of a Business Model, starting in Oct 2007, apetito entered the Care Homes market in late 2008. We currently serve around 400 Care Homes across the UK. We have a fully developed Product System Service proposition and are now looking to target on-going opportunities, supported by a substantial marketing and resource investment.We are looking for a highly self-motivated individual with proven business development skills, reinforced by a desire to close deals. Whilst targeted against New Business development, they will need to be conversant with the required approach in this sector and be focused around a consultative, solution-led sell, with a strong commercial input.
Please note that this role is Home Based and covers the South West of England and Wales.
Who we are
We’re the leading food producer for the health and social care sector, providing delicious, nutritious and sustainable meals for people at home or in care.
We’re also the parent company of Wiltshire Farm Foods, the UK’s premier home-delivery service for ready-made meals.
Through our wide range of well-presented, nutritious meals to suit every taste and dietary need, we aim to make a real difference to lives of elderly and vulnerable people in care.
We’re proud to be a Living Wage employer and member of the Ethical Trading Initiative. We support British food and farming and operate a successful programme of waste reduction and resource efficiency across our whole business.
In addition to your salary you will receive a comprehensive training program, 25 days annual leave holiday entitlement, childcare vouchers, the ability to buy additional annual leave, retail discounts, free car parking, subsidised staff restaurant, free turkey (or voucher) at Christmas and much more
• New Business Development. The sales team is responsible for delivering £2.5 m of New Business each year. This will equate to bringing on approx. 150 New Accounts of the appropriate size per annum.
• To individually be responsible for generating new business growth across Key Accounts, with a personal sales target of £350k. This equates to approx. 22 New Accounts a year.
• To develop and execute Sales growth, to assist Client development Managers in achieving 94% Account retention and 100% value retention on existing accounts.
• To ensure Sales growth is in accordance with strategic targets around home size, delivery efficiency and pricing to generate profitable growth in line with budget.
• To achieve 2 Prospect Visits per week.
• To identify, review and generate further avenues for expansion in partnership with the Sales Manager.
• To identify, create, pursue and maintain a detailed database of prospects.
• To identify and generate added-value.
• To create excellent inter-company relationships supporting departments and divisions.
• To promote apetito throughout the Care Homes marketplace through extensive networking.
- Proven experience of achieving and exceeding sales targets – focused on target achievement
- Personally responsible for closing deals – taking charge of the process all the way through
- Consultative, Solutions-led Sales experience, not hard product sell
- Strong Commercial experience – be able to justify a business-case
- Objections handling focused around resistance to change/financial issues
- Proven experience of developing and managing an account relationship
- Good O Levels / GCSEs to support a high standard of business communication skills and numerical analysis
- Experience of food/nutritional/technical standards
- Experience of the Care sector
- Good Networking experience
- Good A Levels/First Degree
- Advanced Food Hygiene Training
- Intermediate Food hygiene qualification
- Passion – Must display a passion for this role.
- Strong team working skills at all levels within an organisation, fostering a culture of continuous improvement and excellence in delivery.
- Gravitas- Credibility with Group Owners/Management Boards.
- Constantly challenges existing practices; strives for excellence.
- Resilient & determined; persistent in pursuit of achievement.
- Excellent influencing, listening and communication skills, strong negotiator.
- Approachable & presentable and extremely attentive.
- Logical and analytical, but with a results focus.
- Prepared to work flexible hours and able to stay away overnight as needed.
- Role will include a significant amount of national travel depending on location.
- Clean or virtually clean driving license essential.
- This role will request a Disclosure Scotland check due to the nature of the role.