The role, department and team
apetito business operates 24/7 providing vital service to our customers. IT is central to the success of the business and the team supports the infrastructure and services vital to its operation. We are embarking on a period of exciting change and this role will be a key appointment in its delivery.
The role-holder will report to the IT Service Delivery Manager ensuring that solutions are well maintained and supportable. We operate within an ITIL framework supporting and managing change of our Enterprise IT infrastructure and our IT assets accordingly. We use agile methodologies for managing projects and development within IT and adapting to a 2-speed IT working environment will be critical to the success of this role.
We are seeking to employ an IT 2nd line support analyst who will boost our Microsoft 365, Microsoft In-tune and associated Microsoft client management capabilities within the team whilst ensuring that desktop support is maintained through prioritisation of logged calls on our cloud-based ticketing system.
The role-holder will also be a key member in delivering our digital transformation projects that are currently underway like our Microsoft 365 rollout and future projects which are planned on the IT roadmap for apetito and Wiltshire Farm Foods. You will be a key resource in the Windows 10 upgrade project across our 500-client strong estate in the first part of 2019.
Our aim is to provide world class IT infrastructure and projects supporting the business and you and the team will enable this.
Present technology set at apetito:
Vitalization: VM Ware ESXi v5.5 / v6 / v6.5
Networks: Cisco 45xx,3xxx,2xxx series, Cisco 55xx Wireless LAN controllers, CheckPoint and Barracuda Firewalls, Smoothwall Proxy
Tele-comms: Skype PBX
Servers: Microsoft Azure cloud-based infrastructure and some HP physical on-premise servers
Storage: Microsoft One Drive & EMC VNX / EMC Data domains
Windows Admin: Windows Server 2016
Key Business Applications: Microsoft 365 (Windows 10, O365, Skype for business, Exchange online, SharePoint online, Yammer, OneDrive, Teams), Citrix, Microsoft Terminal Services, Northgate Resourcelink, Atlassian ServiceDesk and others
Backups: Backup exec, Veeam & Data Domains
Monitoring / SIEM: Microsoft SSRS dashboards, SolarWinds – application & network monitoring and imminently SPLUNK.
Who we are
We’re the leading food producer for the health and social care sector, providing delicious, nutritious and sustainable meals for people at home or in care.
We’re also the parent company of Wiltshire Farm Foods, the UK’s premier home-delivery service for ready-made meals.
Through our wide range of well-presented, nutritious meals to suit every taste and dietary need, we aim to make a real difference to lives of elderly and vulnerable people in care.
We’re proud to be a Living Wage employer and member of the Ethical Trading Initiative. We support British food and farming and operate a successful programme of waste reduction and resource efficiency across our whole business.
In addition to your salary you will receive a comprehensive training program, 25 days annual leave holiday entitlement, the ability to buy additional annual leave, retail discounts, free car parking, subsidised staff restaurant, free turkey (or voucher) at Christmas and much more !
- Assist with technical Infrastructure changes.
- Day to day administration within Microsoft cloud-based portals.
- Own and manage Desktop support calls logged via our Servicedesk.
- Support, own and resolve any technical issues through to resolution.
- Administer changes as required by the business according to SLA’s and project plans.
- Work with 3rd parties during any installation, updates, operation and monitoring of business applications.
- Provide technical support for telephony and communications systems.
- Management and prioritisation of workload.
- Build and maintain support documentation.
- Bring successful resolution to high-impact, complex and/or cross functional problems.
- Maintain helpful and appropriate communication with the business throughout the management of incidents and Service Requests.
- Support the 1st line support team where needed and use the helpdesk tools to manage and resolve requests.
- Work closely with the 3rd line project team to transition tasks into 2nd line.
- Provide out of hours support when needed as part of an on-call rota.
- Work collaboratively with the business, IT team, 3rd parties and Project teams.
- Training and/or industry recognised certifications with Microsoft client and server operating systems.
- Hands-on experience with Microsoft Windows Server 2008R2 – 2016R2.
- Demonstrable experience with managing client devices in an enterprise environment.
- Hands-on experience with Citrix Server Farms – presentation Server 7.6.
- Proven experience with VMWare virtualisation technology.
- Demonstrated experience of understanding and using scripting to automate basic IT tasks.
- Knowledge and understanding of managing Microsoft Azure based infrastructure and services.
- Familiarity with Microsoft 365 software packages and associated management software.
- Strong experience with HP Server Infrastructure.
- Strong fundamental knowledge of Microsoft Azure.
- Demonstrated experience of Cisco Switch configuration and support.
- Experience with Microsoft SQL Server 2012 -2016.
- Experience with configuring and administering Microsoft SharePoint online.
- Able to quickly understand, diagnose and, if needed, assist users with infrastructure related issues
- Excellent analysis, problem management and interpersonal skills
- Self-motivated and able to own and manage workload with minimal supervision – a proven self-starter
- Able to demonstrate a structured approach to work as well as being able to work well in team environment and deal with people professionally at all levels
- Is used to working in a high workload environment and can readily prioritise issues and escalate if required