Who we are
This position is 7.5 hours per week as part of a job share, initially Friday's 07:00am - 14:30pm.
We’re the leading food producer for the health and social care sector, providing delicious, nutritious and sustainable meals for people at home or in care.
We’re also the parent company of Wiltshire Farm Foods, the UK’s premier home-delivery service for ready-made meals.
Through our wide range of well-presented, nutritious meals to suit every taste and dietary need, we aim to make a real difference to lives of elderly and vulnerable people in care.
We’re proud to be a Living Wage employer and member of the Ethical Trading Initiative. We support British food and farming and operate a successful programme of waste reduction and resource efficiency across our whole business.
In addition to your salary you will receive a comprehensive training program, 25 days annual leave holiday entitlement, the ability to buy additional annual leave, retail discounts, free car parking, subsidised staff restaurant, free turkey (or voucher) at Christmas and much more !
The department and team
Providing full catering services for up to 500 employees; this includes aspects of food preparation, cookery and presentation.
This is a customer facing role, taking customer orders and serving food whilst strictly adhering to high standards of food hygiene.
- Tea & coffee preparation & delivery for function within the business, creating homemade cakes for special functions
- Hot counter food service
- Preparation of sandwiches & salads
- Cooking/baking of goods
- To sort, clear, stack and wash all crockery, cutlery and food trollies utilising the dishwashing machine
- Till operation – Over £300 per day
- Filling & cleaning of vending machines
- Buffet, salad & breakfast item preparation
- Regeneration of multi-portion trays
- General cleaning duties – General Kitchen Assistants will attend annual COSHH training.
- The job requires a good level of physical fitness and involves some heavy lifting & pulling and general manual labour; collecting deliveries and moving from pallets onto trolleys, which then need be transported to the kitchen area; lifting of boxes from the stock room onto a trolley to replenish the vending machines.
- To observe good hygiene practices maintaining a clean and tidy appearance, wearing correct uniform, safety shoes at all times and reporting any accidents in order to produce a clean and safe working environment for all employees
- To observe the correct cash handling procedures including keeping accurate records
- To work with a flexible attitude and be willing to carry out any other duties of similar nature, which may become necessary when required
- Team Working experience
- Enthusiasm for Customer Service
- Previous catering experience,
- Kitchen experience
- Knowledge of food handling.
- Certificate in food safety
- NVQ in Professional Cookery
Petito’s require a hardworking and dedicated member of the team to assist with the above mentioned duties on a daily basis. You will be working in a time pressurised environment, and will be used to working to high standards. This is a team based role, where no day is the same. You will need to adapt, be flexible in your approach, and capable of multi-tasking. This is a very rewarding role, where job and customer satisfaction is key.