The department and team
This role is 40 hours per week, Monday to Friday working 06:00am – 14:00pm.
The Meals department are keen to promote excellent team work by employing people who have a positive (can do) attitude, who are prepared to learn a number of skills so that they are able to work in various positions within the department. By achieving this, the department is in the best position to produce quality products, in an efficient manner. We aim to not only achieve our targets but improve on them as well.
The successful candidate will need to be a key member of the production team slicing meat to the correct weight specification in a safe and hygienic manner.
Who we are
We’re the leading food producer for the health and social care sector, providing delicious, nutritious and sustainable meals for people at home or in care.
We’re also the parent company of Wiltshire Farm Foods, the UK’s premier home-delivery service for ready-made meals.
Through our wide range of well-presented, nutritious meals to suit every taste and dietary need, we aim to make a real difference to lives of elderly and vulnerable people in care.
We’re proud to be a Living Wage employer and member of the Ethical Trading Initiative. We support British food and farming and operate a successful programme of waste reduction and resource efficiency across our whole business.
In addition to your salary you will receive a comprehensive training program, 25 days annual leave holiday entitlement, the ability to buy additional annual leave, retail discounts, free car parking, subsidised staff restaurant, free turkey (or voucher) at Christmas and much more !
- To be able to use a meat slicer at the planned slicing speed
- Set up the meat slicers, collect meat and fill out all paperwork
- Slice meat to the required weight and number of slices
- Change overs - wash the meatslicers amd set up
- Change overs – Clean the area, remove waste bags
- It is also expected that person in this role can ‘weigh’ on the multi-portion and twin portion line at the required speed.
- Sliced meat must be right first time. Ensure you carry out tasks to the required standard – if you are unsure you must check with the person running the area (or on the fill card)
- Inform the person running the area if you think there is a potential issue with the quality of the product
- Follow correct personal hygiene procedures (e.g. changing procedure, hand washing procedures)
- Operate to a clean (and tidy) as you go policy
- Carry out efficient and effective clean downs when changing over products
- Undertake ‘Basic Food Hygiene’ training: a pass level must be obtained
- Work in a safe manner at all times
- Follow safe working practices
- Assist if required with risk assessments
- Report any accidents or dangerous occurrences
- Help the business be environmentally friendly:
- Ensuring that waste is segregated appropriately so it can be sent to the correct point of disposal/recycling
- Keeping waste to a minimum (e.g. making products right first time)
- Experience of working to set standards and KPIs
- Good standards in English and Math’s
- Experience of working in a production environment
- Undertake Level 2 Food Safety training: a pass level must be obtained
- Experience of food safety / Level 2 food safety certificate
- Have a can do attitude; will have try to learn other tasks in the department if required
- Promote good team work – help others.
- Have a desire to help the team meet the department targets
- Undertake any training made available/organised