The role and team
This demanding in-house recruitment role and should prove to be both motivating and rewarding as it offers the opportunity to be heavily involved in fast-paced high-volume recruitment activity at all levels across the business.
The role sits within an established HR department and will help deliver an in-house resourcing service that is effective, demonstrates value for money, is fair & compliant and is able to provide high calibre candidates in a timely manner.
Focusing on self-sourcing candidates to raise apetito’s profile as an employer of choice, the successful candidate will be responsible for day to day recruitment activity and will support Hiring Managers through the recruitment process from advertising to on-boarding. The role also gives the opportunity for the successful candidate to get work with the wider HR team on additional ad-hoc project work.
Who we are
We’re the leading food producer for the health and social care sector, providing delicious, nutritious and sustainable meals for people at home or in care.
We’re also the parent company of Wiltshire Farm Foods, the UK’s premier home-delivery service for ready-made meals.
Through our wide range of well-presented, nutritious meals to suit every taste and dietary need, we aim to make a real difference to lives of elderly and vulnerable people in care.
We’re proud to be a Living Wage employer and member of the Ethical Trading Initiative. We support British food and farming and operate a successful programme of waste reduction and resource efficiency across our whole business.
In addition to your salary you will receive a comprehensive training program, 25 days annual leave holiday entitlement, the ability to buy additional annual leave, retail discounts, free car parking, subsidised staff restaurant, free turkey (or voucher) at Christmas and much more!
- Management of recruitment campaigns for a range of roles across the UK to include - advertising, candidate generation, pre-screening applications, offers and candidate management.
- Utilise social media sites such as LinkedIn, Twitter, Job Boards and CV mining to maximize direct attraction channels
- Offer an advisory service to line managers on the recruitment process and best practice.
- Ensure Recruitment Requests are completed prior to commencing any recruitment in the business
- Maintain accurate and up to date records on our Candidate Management System (iCIMs)
- Manage ability and psychometric testing used as part of the recruitment process.
- Setting up interviews and administration of resources (rooms and panel members
- Manage direct application candidate pool to keep previous applicants engaged with the business i.e. sending out job alerts
- Telephone interview candidates to pre-screen and create better shortlists
- Ensure a positive candidate experience at all stages of the recruitment process
- Continuously investigate and promote cost effective advertising options
- Monitor and negotiate rates with recruitment agencies.
- Represent apetito at Schools and University careers fairs
- Assist with providing timely data for Recruitment KPIs
- Provide candidates with professional feedback, as required
- Provide additional support across the wider HR Team at busy times and on ad-hoc project work
- Occasional Reception relief rota
- Good standard of education (inc GCSE's, or equivalent, Maths & English)
- Previous recruitment experience
- Experience using Microsoft Office applications (in particular Word and Excel)
- Experience prioritising and planning own workload.
- CIPD, or working toward, would be an advantage
- Candidate Management system experience
- In-House Recruitment experience an advantage
- Psychometric Level A and or B qualified
- Graduate Recruitment experience
- Excellent communication skills - both written and verbal and at all levels
- Assertive and influential.- makes an impact with line managers and colleagues
- Ability to establish good relationships with employees and potential candidates
- Enthusiasm for the role and the challenges and pace of recruitment
- Creative and forward thinking
- Self-motivated and pro-active
- Excellent team player able to work with colleagues to achieve optimum results
- Excellent organisational skills – meets deadlines and communicates
- Flexible and enjoys change and a fast working environment
- Willing to experiment with new ideas
- Energetic and passionate