To confirm that our products are manufactured and despatched in compliance with food safety and quality standards. Audits on systems and products are performed to monitor and verify the effectiveness of the quality management system, a crucial food safety activity. Non-compliance issues are assessed for impact on food safety & quality.
Non-conformances identified are appropriately prioritised with agreed timescales for resolution. The Quality and Food Safety auditor will review corrective actions and communicate any further required actions to mitigate the risk of reoccurrence in a time sensitive manner
Who we are
We’re the leading food producer for the health and social care sector, providing delicious, nutritious and sustainable meals for people at home or in care.
We’re also the parent company of Wiltshire Farm Foods, the UK’s premier home-delivery service for ready-made meals.
Through our wide range of well-presented, nutritious meals to suit every taste and dietary need, we aim to make a real difference to lives of elderly and vulnerable people in care.
We’re proud to be a Living Wage employer and member of the Ethical Trading Initiative. We support British food and farming and operate a successful programme of waste reduction and resource efficiency across our whole business.
In addition to your salary you will receive a comprehensive training program, 25 days annual leave holiday entitlement, the ability to buy additional annual leave, retail discounts, free car parking, subsidised staff restaurant, free turkey (or voucher) at Christmas and much more !
- Audit processes and procedures in relation to the quality assurance system (BRC).
- Complete traceability audits in the event of a non-conforming product, ingredient or customer complaint or as otherwise required.
- Verify and validate HACCP flows, risk assessments and CCP.
- Identify and report to stakeholder’s non-conformances relating to Food Safety and quality records.
- Corrective action is documented and reviewed within one month of implementation.
- Challenging current policies and procedures when product is out of specification, from supplier or factory.
- To verify that finished products are assessed on QA taste panel and meet agreed specification.
- Identify raw materials not meeting specification and raise concession seeking approval from production for the management of the material.
- Identify and raise supplier non-conformances and rejections as appropriate on SAP.
- Risk assess checks required on inbound material decide on which action is required.
- To investigate customer complaints, identifying root cause and communicating corrective action required to key stake holders.
- Exemplary knowledge of processes meals, goods in, packing, despatch, sweets, preparation.
- Non-conformances are recognised and documented evidence is collected to mitigate the risk to food safety and quality.
- Where food safety or quality is at risk product is put on hold at discretion of QA. With management of next steps agreed with the Quality Manager. Closing root cause investigations report in a timely manner
- To validate procedural delivery, enabling operators to maintain specification parameters.
- To carry out internal reference compliance on key equipment as scheduled.
- Problem solving with in-house detection system.
- Set up legal and food safety programs for in house detection systems.
- Coordination of testing requirements, documentation of results and reporting of corrective actions.
- Notify contractor and follow up any onsite Pest Control issues.
- Maintaining the technical tracker within 24hrs of non-conformance. w starter technical induction. Briefing new starters /guests on site policies on food safety quality
- Behaving in a manner that prevents risk of injury or illness to self or others.
- Good spoken and written English
- Experience of working in a food manufacturing environment
- Auditing experience Food Safety & Quality
- Internal audits & BRC
- Previous experience of working in an environment whereby you have needed to fulfil key performance indicators, working under pressure and to tight deadlines.
- Previous experience of working in an environment with quality management systems
Eager to learn
Can follow instructions
Can Do Attitude
- GCSE English & Maths
- Experience of writing procedures
- Experience of working in an internal and external auditing environment.
- Experience of using SAP
- Degree or relevant experience