The department and team
This position is fixed term for 6 months, working 22.5 hours per week over 3 days.
This new and exciting position has been developed to promote our company throughout the Community to grow and maintain stronger relationships within the care sector. This may include working with Health Care Professionals, local GPs, local charities, and community groups, engaged in supporting the needs of the elderly in the community.
The role covers Buckinghamshire and surrounding areas and reports directly into the SCM Lynn Montague Manager; however, time management and diary planning is to be managed by the individual. It is expected that the successful candidate will build and develop strong external relationships with new and existing customers/influencers to drive awareness, educate on the Apetito meals service and promote growth.
We are looking for someone with exceptional customer service and communication skills, with the enthusiasm to get out in the community and promote Apetito. Tools and training will be provided, however you will need your own transport.
Who we are
apetito is the UK’s leading supplier of food to the health and social care sectors. Servicing over 400 hospitals, 450 care homes and thousands more through our work with Local Authorities, we produce delicious, nutritious and sustainable meals for people at home or in care. Through our food we look to ‘make a real difference’ to all our customers, up and down the country.
Established in 1958, as a family-owned business, our values sit at the very heart of what we do. We are proud to be a business that ‘makes a real difference’, committed to producing ‘great food to be proud of’. We have developed a range of products designed to ‘enhance health and well-being’ for all our customers. We are proud supporters of British food and farming and focus on using the best ‘ethical and sustainably’ sourced produce.
We are driven by a ‘passion for service’, dedicated to feeding some of the UK’s most vulnerable people, offering healthy and delicious meals to customers across the UK.
Ethical & Sustainable
As a business which operates within food manufacturing, we believe we have an obligation to make a positive contribution on society. With over 300 products in our range, we ensure our produce is ethically and sustainably sourced, working only with suppliers who share our commitment to making a positive impact.
We’re a proud member of the Ethical Trade Initiative (ETI), a leading alliance of companies, trade unions and NGOs, that promote respect for workers rights globally. All our new suppliers now operate under the ETI’s guidelines.
We are also a member of The UK’s Plastics Pact, an initiative looking to transform the plastic packaging industry in the UK. As part of the initiative, we have committed, along with other ambitious targets, to eliminate unnecessary single-use plastic completely by 2025.
We have also made a commitment to our employees – we’re recognised as an accredited Living Wage employer by the Living Wage Foundation. Joining an elite group of FTSE 100 companies and public sector organisations.
Here at apetito, we take our duty to give back to our local communities and chosen charities very seriously. In 2018, we raised over £30,000 for Alzheimer’s Support and Alzheimer’s Society alone, thanks to the incredible efforts of our employees and charity committee. We also support our communities through the apetito Staff Foundation, which gives financial support to the chosen charitable causes of our staff and their children. Since 2005, we’ve raised over £175,000 for these charities.
- Building relationships and networking with Healthcare Professionals, local community groups, retirement associations etc.
- Develop new business through these relationships by targeting influencers – we want to be the company they refer!
- To plan and carry out meal demonstrations to promote the benefits of the food and increase overall brand awareness – locations such as hospitals, care homes, day centers, warden assisted accommodation etc.
- To work closely with colleagues from the other depots to develop and field test new initiatives.
- To develop relationships with marketers from other depots to ensure sharing of best practice.
- To undertake relevant administrative tasking in line with business systems.
- Strong relationship management skills
- GCSE English and Math’s (or equivalent etc.)
- Strong presentation skills
- Time management, planning and analytical skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
Personable and engaging
Self-starter with a can-do attitude, proactive and positive outlook, and willing to experiment with new ideas
Shows passion, drive and ambition to deliver outstanding execution in key projects
Acts as an ambassador for Wiltshire Farm Foods, building effective working relationships and networks
Full, clean driving licence and own transport
- Sales and Marketing experience
- Knowledge of Dynamics Navision
- Experience within a care based role
- Vocational sales/and marketing qualification