The department and team
You will be working on the front line to deliver delicious and nutritious meals for Care Homes, Local Authorities and Hospitals. The ultimate goal is to provide a service to our customer that exceeds expectations while at the same time continuously improving efficiencies. As an Apetito employee you must always be willing to go above and beyond what is expected.
Purpose of the role - To support the Warehouse Shift Managers in providing our customers with an excellent level of service by taking ownership and responsibility for the running of the allocated shift with the support of its Team Leaders. Effectively leading a team of coldstore operatives in delivering the required KPI performance whilst maintaining the highest safety and quality standards.
Pay - £24,455 PA 40 hours per week with an opportunity to earn overtime and annual bonus.
Sunday to Thursday working pattern with shifts of 22:00 – 06:00 (Shift allowance where applicable)
Who we are
We’re the leading food producer for the health and social care sector, providing delicious, nutritious and sustainable meals for people at home or in care.
We’re also the parent company of Wiltshire Farm Foods, the UK’s premier home-delivery service for ready-made meals.
Through our wide range of well-presented, nutritious meals to suit every taste and dietary need, we aim to make a real difference to lives of elderly and vulnerable people in care.
We’re proud to be a Living Wage employer and member of the Ethical Trading Initiative. We support British food and farming and operate a successful programme of waste reduction and resource efficiency across our whole business.
In addition to your salary you will receive a comprehensive training program, generous annual leave holiday entitlement, the ability to buy additional annual leave, retail discounts, free car parking, free turkey (or voucher) at Christmas and much more !
- Lead, direct and develop direct reports in order to ensure people are performance focussed and engaged so that the business plan can be achieved and individual’s potential maximised.
- Management of the shift, ensuring the effective running of all processes within the coldstore, ensuring that all aspects of health and safety requirements, quality requirements, and productivity levels are met.
- Identifying and delivering any potential efficiency improvements in order to ensure that the warehouse operates efficiently and effectively, any cost savings are initiated and the service to the customer is maintained.
- Build and maintain effective working relationships with both internal and external key stakeholders (e.g., team members, peers, colleagues from other sites and departments, Senior Managers, Customers) in order that the warehouse can deliver its tactical and strategic goals and a high level of overall customer service is provided.
- Ensure the warehouse operates to BRC global standards and legislative requirements in order to protect all site personnel (employees, contractors, visitors etc) reputation and ensure that operational compliance is maintained.
- Responsibility for adherence of the shift to budgeted productivity, human resource planning, quality standards, and all HR matters of the shift.
- Reporting on all aspects of the operation including KPI and hour management, H&S, Labour Planning, and regular daily updates ensuring a smooth and efficient handover to the following shift.
- Ensure effective communication is maintained with the shift teams and upper management, including regular shift briefing and appropriate handovers.
- Effective issue resolution and escalation, maintaining highly professional standards of communication and conduct.
- Identifying or feeding back opportunities from the shop floor for operational improvements.
Good people and communication skills
Previously managed a medium to large sized team (10+)
Proven Health and Safety knowledge and focus
Understanding of Working Time Directive and Agency Working Rights
Ability to communicate well at all levels
Experienced in a fast paced FMCG or food operations environment is helpful and desirable
- Experienced in a chilled / coldstore envoronment
Experience of a Continuous Improvement environment, knowledge of 5S and a project management methodology is helpful and desirable
Customer Service experience gained from a 3PL or similar background