The department and team
This role is working 18 hours per week on Tuesday, Thursday and Friday between the hours of 09:30am - 16:00pm on a fixed term contract for 6 months.
The role of our customer services advisor is critical to the success of our business.
Our customers are predominantly over 75 years of age and rely upon our office teams to take their orders over the phone or via the internet.
The defining characteristics of our customer services advisors are that they’re organised and efficient. However, apart from the technical skills that are required with the role, the most important attributes are that we demonstrate empathy, patience, kindness, friendliness, care and warmth to all our customers.
The role involves the taking of customer orders, and also the making of outbound courtesy calls.
These calls are particularly important as many customers live alone and the phone calls they receive are often the only contact they may have in a single day. As such, many customers become very attached to their “friends” at Wiltshire Farm Foods.
Wiltshire Farm Foods supplies frozen meal solutions direct to the consumer. We have a cold store to accommodate the stock necessary to be able to be able to deliver to our customers each week.
The ultimate goal is to provide a service to our customers that exceed expectations while at the same time continuously improving efficiencies.
Who we are
apetito is the UK’s leading supplier of food to the health and social care sectors. Servicing over 400 hospitals, 450 care homes and thousands more through our work with Local Authorities, we produce delicious, nutritious and sustainable meals for people at home or in care. Through our food we look to ‘make a real difference’ to all our customers, up and down the country.
Established in 1958, as a family-owned business, our values sit at the very heart of what we do. We are proud to be a business that ‘makes a real difference’, committed to producing ‘great food to be proud of’. We have developed a range of products designed to ‘enhance health and well-being’ for all our customers. We are proud supporters of British food and farming and focus on using the best ‘ethical and sustainably’ sourced produce.
We are driven by a ‘passion for service’, dedicated to feeding some of the UK’s most vulnerable people, offering healthy and delicious meals to customers across the UK.
Ethical & Sustainable
As a business which operates within food manufacturing, we believe we have an obligation to make a positive contribution on society. With over 300 products in our range, we ensure our produce is ethically and sustainably sourced, working only with suppliers who share our commitment to making a positive impact.
We’re a proud member of the Ethical Trade Initiative (ETI), a leading alliance of companies, trade unions and NGOs, that promote respect for workers rights globally. All our new suppliers now operate under the ETI’s guidelines.
We are also a member of The UK’s Plastics Pact, an initiative looking to transform the plastic packaging industry in the UK. As part of the initiative, we have committed, along with other ambitious targets, to eliminate unnecessary single-use plastic completely by 2025.
We have also made a commitment to our employees – we’re recognised as an accredited Living Wage employer by the Living Wage Foundation. Joining an elite group of FTSE 100 companies and public sector organisations.
Here at apetito, we take our duty to give back to our local communities and chosen charities very seriously. In 2018, we raised over £30,000 for Alzheimer’s Support and Alzheimer’s Society alone, thanks to the incredible efforts of our employees and charity committee. We also support our communities through the apetito Staff Foundation, which gives financial support to the chosen charitable causes of our staff and their children. Since 2005, we’ve raised over £175,000 for these charities.
- Responsible for the taking of telephone / internet orders and making outbound calls to customers and prospects.
- To support drivers with route planning for the next days’ delivery rounds.
- To ensure each customer is provided with “exemplary” service on each telephone call or contact.
- To update customer records and liaise with customer relatives as required.
- To ensure customers’ needs are met, ensuring they know how to cook, store and re-order the meals as necessary.
- Prepare promotional literature as required and communicate details of new products or promotions to customers.
- To search, provide and continually look for new business opportunities.
- To share best practices with colleagues in an effort to continuously improve our service proposition.
- To actively take an interest in the products we sell and promote the benefits of WFF healthy and nutritious meals to all our customers.
- Experience of a customer service role
- Confident using a Personal computer to manage and process orders
- Confident telephone manner
- Able to pay attention to detail and be accurate in your work
- Numerate and good written English; GCSE Math’s & English standard or equivalent
- Able to work to deadlines
- Have worked in the elderly/care market
- Experience of working in a team environment
- Full UK Driving Licence
As one of our team you will be focused on excellent customer service with a caring and empathic nature. You will demonstrate a real interest in people and be able to communicate effectively with members of the public and their families.
- This is a “people” focused role and requires individuals who enjoy engaging with a wide variety of elderly customers.
- To take an active interest in getting to know every customer and become a trusted friend.
- A good listener, you’ll be able to treat every customer as an individual.
- To have a very clear telephone voice where you can adapt your style to meet the needs of every customer.
- Ability to communicate and relate to people at all levels.
- Ability to work under own initiative, plan own day, manage own time.
- To act as a link for drivers and customers if any problems arise during a delivery round.
- To be able to learn our in house computer systems, manage the taking of orders, round sequencing and database management for prospects, current or lapsed customers.
- To enjoy working as a team member and to be passionate about promoting the WFF product range and service proposition.
- Flexible approach to work content and willingness to help with other areas of the business as and when the occasion arises.