The department and team
This role will be part of a dedicated hygiene team for a fast-paced frozen storage and distribution facility that is dedicated to providing excellent customer service and adding value to apetito’s customers. You will be trained to cover cleaning requirements for a number of different areas including the warehouse, loading bay, yard areas and office facilities, ensuring that all allocated tasks for the day are carried out efficiently and to a high standard.
This role is permanent working 40 hour per week, predominantly Monday to Friday 06:00 - 14:00, although there will be some flexibility required.
Who we are
We’re the leading food producer for the health and social care sector, providing delicious, nutritious and sustainable meals for people at home or in care.
We’re also the parent company of Wiltshire Farm Foods, the UK’s premier home-delivery service for ready-made meals.
Through our wide range of well-presented, nutritious meals to suit every taste and dietary need, we aim to make a real difference to lives of elderly and vulnerable people in care.
We’re proud to be a Living Wage employer and member of the Ethical Trading Initiative. We support British food and farming and operate a successful programme of waste reduction and resource efficiency across our whole business.
In addition to your salary you will receive a comprehensive training program, 33 days annual leave holiday entitlement, the ability to buy additional annual leave, retail discounts, free car parking, subsidised staff restaurant, free turkey (or voucher) at Christmas and much more !
- Cleaning duties inside a Cold Store Warehouse (appropriate Personal Protective Equipment will be provided):
Sweeping aisles for dust and debris
Sweeping clearing under product storage locations, including collecting any damaged product up and putting in a specified place.
Removing dust from beams and low-level ledges
- Ensuring that bins in your designated area are emptied on a regular basis
- Ensure that busy working locations are kept clean and tidy at all times
- Providing cover for all areas, including loading bays, yard areas and office facilities.
- Training provided to use a ride on sweeping machine for use inside and out side buildings
- Experience of working as part of a team
- Good standard of English (verbal and reading)
- Positive and proactive attitude
- Be able to work on own initiative
- Experience of working to targets
- Experience of reporting, and giving feedback, to supervisors
- Previous Warehouse experience
- Previous Hygiene experience
- Chemical awareness training
- Basic computer skills
- COSHH training (or a willingness to complete)
- Fork Lift training (or a willingness to complete)
The role requires a self-motivated and enthusiastic individual who is able to work on their own initiative as well as being part of the team and must also be committed to learning a diverse range of skills whilst still being able to hit the targets required.
Given the site location having your own transport would be desirable.