The Role and Team
apetito is currently embarking on an ambitious and exciting digital transformation project and are looking for experienced and enthusiastic Software engineers to both join the team and help shape and set the technical direction.
This is a brand-new role which will expose the successful candidate to software projects of varying size and complexity, primarily around web and mobile, and working with our customers to provide them with new, innovative software solutions that help them to successfully meet their business goals. Key areas where development will be focused is on is on retail, customer service and customer self-service.
apetito won the queens award for enterprise this year for the 3rd time and we are looking for software developers to join us with a view to building on this success. You will have access to the latest technology as well as training and development.
We operate several ecommerce sites serving customers across the world and have operations here and in North America. We are looking for someone to be part of the Devops team delivering web, mobile and integration solutions working within and agile environment.
Who we are
apetito is the UK’s leading supplier of food to the health and social care sectors. Servicing over 400 hospitals, 450 care homes and thousands more through our work with Local Authorities, we produce delicious, nutritious and sustainable meals for people at home or in care. Through our food we look to ‘make a real difference’ to all our customers, up and down the country.
Established in 1958, as a family-owned business, our values sit at the very heart of what we do. We are proud to be a business that ‘makes a real difference’, committed to producing ‘great food to be proud of’. We have developed a range of products designed to ‘enhance health and well-being’ for all our customers. We are proud supporters of British food and farming and focus on using the best ‘ethical and sustainably’ sourced produce.
We are driven by a ‘passion for service’, dedicated to feeding some of the UK’s most vulnerable people, offering healthy and delicious meals to customers across the UK.
Ethical & Sustainable
As a business which operates within food manufacturing, we believe we have an obligation to make a positive contribution on society. With over 300 products in our range, we ensure our produce is ethically and sustainably sourced, working only with suppliers who share our commitment to making a positive impact.
We’re a proud member of the Ethical Trade Initiative (ETI), a leading alliance of companies, trade unions and NGOs, that promote respect for workers rights globally. All our new suppliers now operate under the ETI’s guidelines.
We are also a member of The UK’s Plastics Pact, an initiative looking to transform the plastic packaging industry in the UK. As part of the initiative, we have committed, along with other ambitious targets, to eliminate unnecessary single-use plastic completely by 2025.
We have also made a commitment to our employees – we’re recognised as an accredited Living Wage employer by the Living Wage Foundation. Joining an elite group of FTSE 100 companies and public sector organisations.
For more information about working as part of team apetito go to: http://www.apetito.co.uk/careers/
- Design, develop and test software applications in a fast-paced agile environment, ensuring you utilise your talent and experience to the full
- Help set the strategic and technical direction for the Devops team
- Support and development of existing systems
- Integration of existing software
- Maintain systems by monitoring and correcting software defects
- Working closely with the business and all members of the digital transformation team, collaboration is critical for success
- In addition to delivering digital products and solutions you will be keeping abreast of the latest industry trends and making recommendations where necessary, investigate new technologies, have ideas, be creative
The successful candidates should have had experience in the following technologies:
- Several years working within a software development team delivering Microsoft stack based solutions.
- .NET based CMS. e.g. Kentico, Umbraco, Sitecore
- Angular 7
- .NET Core 2.x
- HTML & CSS
- MS SQL
- GIT for version control
- Developing for retail environments
- Knowledge of cloud-based hosting platforms (Azure)
- Have been involved in designing greenfield retail solutions
- Experience developing mobile applications
- Knowledge of agile and DevOps best practices
- Experience in creating and managing release pipelines
- Innovation focused
The DevOps team follows a strong set of self-defined principals focusing on true continuous improvement, quality, and business enablement. The personal qualities that we are looking for support, contribute to, and enhance these principles.
In addition to this we will be looking for:
- “Growth mindset”, a willing to try new things.
- An Innovator, someone who is looking to explore emerging technologies, with a view of how they can be used within apetito.
- A true collaborator, someone willing to assist placement and graduate students whilst furthering the team’s goal to improve.
- The ability to work with ambiguity and be confident making independent decisions.