The Role and Team
Our Client Development Managers (CDMs) are a key link between our customers and apetito. Customers see their CDM as the face of apetito – they are an instrumental part of the success of apetito partnerships
A successful CDM will be a real self-starter, who can develop long-term partnerships with customers and achieve commercial targets including high levels of customer retention.
Our CDMs manage their own customers whilst having a team of apetito colleagues to back them up. This is an important role and gives us a real point of difference in the market.
The Care Homes Team are:
- Dedicated experts in the provision of food for older people
- We are genuine partners to Care Homes and their teams
- We are proud to create food that is enjoyed and sharedOur Care Homes team have a very forward thinking culture that will really help us to accelerate growth over the next 5 years. We have a mix of experienced managers, food professionals and graduates who are positive and passionate about what we do. We make a real difference.
Who we are:
apetito is the UK’s leading supplier of food to the health and social care sectors. Servicing over 400 hospitals, 450 care homes and thousands more through our work with Local Authorities, we produce delicious, nutritious and sustainable meals for people at home or in care. Through our food we look to ‘make a real difference’ to all our customers, up and down the country.
Established in 1958, as a family-owned business, our values sit at the very heart of what we do. We are proud to be a business that ‘makes a real difference’, committed to producing ‘great food to be proud of’. We have developed a range of products designed to ‘enhance health and well-being’ for all our customers. We are proud supporters of British food and farming and focus on using the best ‘ethical and sustainably’ sourced produce.
We are driven by a ‘passion for service’, dedicated to feeding some of the UK’s most vulnerable people, offering healthy and delicious meals to customers across the UK.
Ethical & Sustainable
As a business which operates within food manufacturing, we believe we have an obligation to make a positive contribution on society. With over 300 products in our range, we ensure our produce is ethically and sustainably sourced, working only with suppliers who share our commitment to making a positive impact.
We’re a proud member of the Ethical Trade Initiative (ETI), a leading alliance of companies, trade unions and NGOs, that promote respect for workers rights globally. All our new suppliers now operate under the ETI’s guidelines.
We are also a member of The UK’s Plastics Pact, an initiative looking to transform the plastic packaging industry in the UK. As part of the initiative, we have committed, along with other ambitious targets, to eliminate unnecessary single-use plastic completely by 2025.
We have also made a commitment to our employees – we’re recognised as an accredited Living Wage employer by the Living Wage Foundation. Joining an elite group of FTSE 100 companies and public sector organisations.
Here at apetito, we take our duty to give back to our local communities and chosen charities very seriously. In 2018, we raised over £30,000 for Alzheimer’s Support and Alzheimer’s Society alone, thanks to the incredible efforts of our employees and charity committee. We also support our communities through the apetito Staff Foundation, which gives financial support to the chosen charitable causes of our staff and their children. Since 2005, we’ve raised over £175,000 for these charities.
This role forms part of our Graduate Development Programme full details on the programme can be found on our careers pages at Graduate Development Programme
Apetito are approaching a 10 year presence within the Care Homes sector and now cater for 18,000 residents daily across 450 Care Home sites. The role of the Client Development Manager has been key in the growth of this highly successful division.
After a thorough induction, you will be responsible for managing your own diary. You will learn how to allocate your time wisely, ensuring customer service levels and relationships are sustained as well as delivering on growth opportunities across your territory of approximately 40 partners.
Your key goal is to deliver outstanding customer retention, contribute to business growth and make a real difference.
Your day-to-day role will vary and will include:
- Being a genuine partner to your customers
- ‘Mobilising’ new customers
- Training staff
- Improving the dining experience for residents
- Sharing our expertise in food and nutrition
- Helping the care home manage its food budget
- Working on business development opportunities
- Contributing to a positive team environmen
- Working effectively alone and in a team
CDM’s perform a key leadership role with autonomy and real responsibility, at an exciting time for the Care Homes Team. With significant sales and market growth, our graduates have the opportunity to grow personally, develop professionally and make a real difference.
Degree (or studying towards a degree – graduating in 2019), preferably, in a business-related subject
Customer service experience
Experience of food/nutritional/technical standards
Experience of the Care sector
Advanced Food Hygiene Training
Intermediate Food hygiene qualification
We are looking for a self-motivated individual with proven organisational and training skills. Whilst a significant amount of their time will involve working alone they must be a team player who is happy to work within the team to meet joint objectives. The candidate will need to be able to work with and most crucially influence people at all levels within the Care Homes sector.
- Passion – Must display a passion for this role
- Gravitas- Credibility with Group Owners/Management Boards
- Empathy with the customer – able to deliver through others
- Constantly challenges existing practices; strives for excellence
- Resilient and determined; persistent in pursuit of achievement
- Likeability – People buy from people
- Excellent influencing, listening and communication skills
- Approachable and presentable
- Extremely attentive
- Logical and analytical, but with a results focus
- Prepared to work flexible hours
- Able to stay away overnight as needed. Typically no more than one night per week
- Role will include a significant amount of regional travel depending on location.
- Clean or virtually clean driving license essential.
- Lives or willing to relocate within reasonable distance of work location
Due to the nature of this role an enhanced CRB will be required and is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974