The Role and Team
Wiltshire Farm foods is part of the apetito group, a German family owned and managed multinational frozen food business. Approaching £100m in sales we source, manufacture and distribute frozen food through a national network of locally owned, managed and community-based franchisees. Wiltshire Farm Foods is consumer led brand with some really exiting plans to develop over the next 12-18 months.
The aim of Wiltshire Farm Foods Marketing team is to support our business growth by understanding what our customers need and communicating what a difference our products and services could make to them. The Undergraduate Placement role sits within the Wiltshire Farm Foods marketing team and is an important addition to the team to help drive our growth and franchise marketing strategy.
As a placement graduate, you’ll get to experience our business first-hand, through a diverse range of projects and challenges. It’s a great way to get a clear understanding of the marketing process and learn about the real difference Wiltshire Farm Foods makes to our customers’ lives, some of which are some of the most vulnerable people in our society. No two days will be the same and you’ll get to try your hand at a wide range of Marketing activities; from analysing customers’ behaviour; developing and delivering online and offline Marketing campaigns in collaboration with Franchise owners; and liaising with agencies regarding PR or advertisements.
Who We Are
apetito is the UK’s leading supplier of food to the health and social care sectors. Servicing over 400 hospitals, 450 care homes and thousands more through our work with Local Authorities, we produce delicious, nutritious and sustainable meals for people at home or in care. Through our food we look to ‘make a real difference’ to all our customers, up and down the country.
Established in 1958, as a family-owned business, our values sit at the very heart of what we do. We are proud to be a business that ‘makes a real difference’, committed to producing ‘great food to be proud of’. We have developed a range of products designed to ‘enhance health and well-being’ for all our customers. We are proud supporters of British food and farming and focus on using the best ‘ethical and sustainably’ sourced produce.
We are driven by a ‘passion for service’, dedicated to feeding some of the UK’s most vulnerable people, offering healthy and delicious meals to customers across the UK.
Ethical & Sustainable
As a business which operates within food manufacturing, we believe we have an obligation to make a positive contribution on society. With over 300 products in our range, we ensure our produce is ethically and sustainably sourced, working only with suppliers who share our commitment to making a positive impact.
We’re a proud member of the Ethical Trade Initiative (ETI), a leading alliance of companies, trade unions and NGOs, that promote respect for workers rights globally. All our new suppliers now operate under the ETI’s guidelines.
We are also a member of The UK’s Plastics Pact, an initiative looking to transform the plastic packaging industry in the UK. As part of the initiative, we have committed, along with other ambitious targets, to eliminate unnecessary single-use plastic completely by 2025.
We have also made a commitment to our employees – we’re recognised as an accredited Living Wage employer by the Living Wage Foundation. Joining an elite group of FTSE 100 companies and public sector organisations.
Here at apetito, we take our duty to give back to our local communities and chosen charities very seriously. In 2018, we raised over £30,000 for Alzheimer’s Support and Alzheimer’s Society alone, thanks to the incredible efforts of our employees and charity committee. We also support our communities through the apetito Staff Foundation, which gives financial support to the chosen charitable causes of our staff and their children. Since 2005, we’ve raised over £200,000 for these charities.
Full details of our Undergraduate Placement Programme can be found on our careers pages at Placements at apetito
Primary focus for this role will be to support the Marketing Managers in organising, running and monitoring marketing campaigns, organising and supporting at events and conferences, and supporting the franchise network with regional marketing activity.
- Provide an increased level of support to Franchise Partner’s with local marketing activity to help them grow local prospects and to convert and retain customers more effectively
- To support Business Partners in ensuring Franchise Partner’s take part in the right activities to drive prospects, convert & retain customers with outstanding execution everyday
- Support with the organisation and participation of national cold, lapsed & NCP mailing activity
- Support FP’s with local marketing activity (e.g. Press & door drops)
- Support with the management of complaints and social media engagement
- Working with eCommerce team with regards to social media coverage and planning at a local level
- Support with ensuring all local activity has the consumer & Franchise Partner front of mind
- Support with driving strong relationships between Franchise Partner’s by supporting them and working with and through business partners, marketing and analytics teams
- Support with effective measurement of local activity & trials
- Working with franchise recruitment team to ensure all new Franchise Partner’s receive relevant information & inductions to get them up & running.
- Support in running the Marketing Hub; ensuring all information is up to date, relevant & usable for Franchise Partner’s
- Support the team working with agencies & designers to create national & local tools in a timely & cost-effective manner
Support livery, signage & uniform process for the network
- You will be studying towards a degree in Marketing/Business (2nd year or later) with the expectation that you will receive a 2:1 or above.
- Ability to work under pressure to tight timeframes managing multiple projects
- Some relevant work experience via placement year or work experience
The successful candidate will be a self-starter with a can-do attitude. They will also be proactive and positive in outlook. They will be a team player.
Excellent project management, an ability to understand data to produce clear results and actions.
- Literate with a good grasp of written English and eye for detail
- Numerate with the ability to interrogate data Drive & Self-Motivation
- Leadership development
- Intellectual curiosity
- Communicate effectively to implement new ideas and strategies
- Keen eye for detail
- Relationship builder – there is a team of circa 12 within the marketing department but you will also have exposure to key stakeholders and senior management within WFF and apetito