The Role and Team
The Procurement team is responsible for ensuring that the company has a clear strategy when purchasing goods and services.
You will have a passion for purchasing and are looking to move to a large, agile business where we can support your career development. Ideally educated to a degree standard you will have a talent in negotiation with exceptional networking and communication skills.
The successful candidate will have a solid understanding of both the purchasing process (tender, negotiation and award ) and strategic sourcing ( market data, suppy chain, cost control) . Most importantly, you are able to work on your own initiative as well as being an integral part of a high performing team.
Reporting to the Senior Procurement Manager for Indirect goods and services, you will be responsible for tendering and awarding contracts across multiple categories including workwear, recruitment agencies, consumables and stationery.
Who We Are
apetito is the UK’s leading supplier of food to the health and social care sectors. Servicing over 400 hospitals, 450 care homes and thousands more through our work with Local Authorities, we produce delicious, nutritious and sustainable meals for people at home or in care. Through our food we look to ‘make a real difference’ to all our customers, up and down the country.
Established in 1958, as a family-owned business, our values sit at the very heart of what we do. We are proud to be a business that ‘makes a real difference’, committed to producing ‘great food to be proud of’. We have developed a range of products designed to ‘enhance health and well-being’ for all our customers. We are proud supporters of British food and farming and focus on using the best ‘ethical and sustainably’ sourced produce.
We are driven by a ‘passion for service’, dedicated to feeding some of the UK’s most vulnerable people, offering healthy and delicious meals to customers across the UK.
Ethical & Sustainable
As a business which operates within food manufacturing, we believe we have an obligation to make a positive contribution on society. With over 300 products in our range, we ensure our produce is ethically and sustainably sourced, working only with suppliers who share our commitment to making a positive impact.
We’re a proud member of the Ethical Trade Initiative (ETI), a leading alliance of companies, trade unions and NGOs, that promote respect for workers rights globally. All our new suppliers now operate under the ETI’s guidelines.
We are also a member of The UK’s Plastics Pact, an initiative looking to transform the plastic packaging industry in the UK. As part of the initiative, we have committed, along with other ambitious targets, to eliminate unnecessary single-use plastic completely by 2025.
We have also made a commitment to our employees – we’re recognised as an accredited Living Wage employer by the Living Wage Foundation. Joining an elite group of FTSE 100 companies and public sector organisations.
Please note this is a 6 month fixed-term contract which may become permanent.
- To develop and implement sourcing and category plans aligned to business goals and objectives which deliver; cost leadership, innovation, service excellence and process and product improvement.
- Supplier evaluation, selection and contract management.
- Implementation of initiatives, through effective programme and project management.
- Responsible for supplier performance management by setting robust service level agreements that can be measured by the budget holder.
- Compliance to Procurement policies and procedures.
- Proven strategic procurement background gained in a FMCG/material management environment
- Impactful and adaptable negotiator capable of influencing key business stakeholders and decision makers
- Using Iniative in sourcing new suppliers
- Innovative thinker with ability to generate/deliver valued added procurement solutions that positively affect the performance of the business
- Highly analytical with the ability to measure and provide meaningful category management data
- Effective and adaptable communicator with strong interpersonal and relationship building skills
- Resilient and persistent with the ability to act at pace and influence decisions
- Strong personal organisation skills capable of initiating, prioritising and managing several projects simultaneously
- Ability to use SAP effectively
- Previous experience of purchasing, including within an indirects environment
- Clean driving Licence
- Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supply (CIPS) membership or additional relevant postgraduate qualification
- Persuading & Influencing - Makes a strong personal impression on others; Gains clear agreement and commitment from others by persuading, convincing and negotiating; Promotes ideas on behalf of self or others.
- Planning & Organising - Sets clearly defined objectives; Plans activities and projects well in advance and takes account of possible changing circumstances; Manages time effectively; Identifies and organises resources needed to accomplish tasks; Monitors performance against deadlines- Good problem solving skills and the ability to drive for completion and delivery.
- Entrepreneurial & Commercial Thinking -Keeps up-to-date with competitor information and market trends; Identifies business opportunities for the organisation; Demonstrates financial awareness; Controls costs and thinks in terms of profit, loss and added value.
- Analysing - Analyses numerical data, verbal data and all other sources of information; Probes for further information or greater understanding of a problem; Makes rational judgements from the available information and analysis; Produces workable solutions to a range of problems; Demonstrates an understanding of how one issue may be a part of a much larger system
- Deciding and Initiating Action - Makes prompt and clear decisions which may involve tough choices or considered risks; Takes responsibility for actions, projects and people; Takes initiative, acts with confidence and works under own direction; Initiates and generates activity.