The department and team
This is a part-time, fixed-term role for 6 months.
The role of our customer services advisor is critical to the success of our business.
Our customers are predominantly elderly and rely upon our office teams to take their orders over the phone or via the internet.
The defining characteristics of our customer services advisors are that they’re organised and efficient. However, apart from the technical skills that are required with the role, the most important attributes are that we demonstrate empathy, patience, kindness, friendliness, care and warmth to all our customers.
The role involves the taking of customer orders, and also the making of outbound courtesy calls.
These calls are particularly important as many customers live alone and the phone calls they receive are often the only contact they may have in a single day. As such, many customers become very attached to their “friends” at Wiltshire Farm Foods.
Wiltshire Farm Foods supplies frozen meal solutions direct to the consumer. We have a cold store to accommodate the stock necessary to be able to be able to deliver to our customers each week.
The ultimate goal is to provide a service to our customers that exceed expectations while at the same time continuously improving efficiencies.
Who we are
Wiltshire Farm Foods have been cooking and delivering delicious frozen meals for over 25 years
Part of the apetito group, an award winning leading food producer for the health and social care sector, providing delicious, nutritious and sustainable meals for people at home or in care.
We’re proud to be a Living Wage employer and member of the Ethical Trading Initiative. We support British food and farming and operate a successful programme of waste reduction and resource efficiency across our whole business.
In addition to your salary you will receive a comprehensive training program, generous annual leave holiday entitlement, the ability to buy additional annual leave, retail discounts, free car parking, free turkey (or voucher) at Christmas and much more!
- Responsible for the taking of telephone / internet orders and making outbound calls to customers and prospects.
- To support drivers with route planning for the next days’ delivery rounds.
- To ensure each customer is provided with “exemplary” service on each telephone call or contact.
- To update customer records and liaise with customer relatives as required.
- To ensure customers’ needs are met, ensuring they know how to cook, store and re-order the meals as necessary.
- Prepare promotional literature as required and communicate details of new products or promotions to customers.
- To search, provide and continually look for new business opportunities.
- To share best practices with colleagues in an effort to continuously improve our service proposition.
- To actively take an interest in the products we sell and promote the benefits of WFF healthy and nutritious meals to all our customers.
- Experience of a customer service role
- Confident using a Personal computer to manage and process orders
- Confident telephone manner
- Able to pay attention to detail and be accurate in your work
- Numerate and good written English; GCSE Math’s & English standard or equivalent
- Able to work to deadlines
- Have worked in the elderly/care market
- Experience of working in a team environment
- Full UK Driving Licence
As one of our team you will be focused on excellent customer service with a caring and empathic nature. You will demonstrate a real interest in people and be able to communicate effectively with members of the public and their families.
- This is a “people” focused role and requires individuals who enjoy engaging with a wide variety of elderly customers.
- To take an active interest in getting to know every customer and become a trusted friend.
- A good listener, you’ll be able to treat every customer as an individual.
- To have a very clear telephone voice where you can adapt your style to meet the needs of every customer.
- Ability to communicate and relate to people at all levels.
- Ability to work under own initiative, plan own day, manage own time.
- To act as a link for drivers and customers if any problems arise during a delivery round.
- To be able to learn our in house computer systems, manage the taking of orders, round sequencing and database management for prospects, current or lapsed customers.
- To enjoy working as a team member and to be passionate about promoting the WFF product range and service proposition.
- Flexible approach to work content and willingness to help with other areas of the business as and when the occasion arises.