The Role and Team
This is a part-time position - (weekends 3 in 7).
A passion for supporting vulnerable people, together with a great attitude towards customer service is essential for this role. You will support the Retail Operations Manager by being responsible for the day to day operational performance of the Manchester Franchise Based at our Preston Depot. You will be responsible for both the driver and administrative workstreams; having input into the financial performance, health & safety, customer service, recruitment and the training and development of your team.
The ideal candidate should be inspirational, challenge the norm and not be afraid to think big!
Who We Are
Wiltshire Farm Foods, the UK’s premier home-delivery service for ready-made meals. Through our wide range of well-presented, nutritious meals to suit every taste and dietary need, we aim to make a real difference to lives of elderly and vulnerable people.
We’re proud to be a Living Wage employer and member of the Ethical Trading Initiative. We support British food and farming and operate a successful programme of waste reduction and resource efficiency across our whole business.
In addition to your salary you will receive a comprehensive training program, 25 days annual leave holiday entitlement, the ability to buy additional annual leave, retail discounts, free turkey (or voucher) at Christmas and much more!
- Ensure Health & Safety, Hygiene and Food Safety procedures & practices are adhered to and followed at all times
- Ensure adequate, cost effective resource levels are in place
- Work with and support staff on a day-to-day basis to deliver profitability and service standards.
- Ensure all behaviours are in line with apetito’s Code of Conduct
- Maintain excellent operational standards throughout the Contract
- Adherance to all apetito procedures and deadlines
- Ensure all company vehicles are maintained as appropriate
- Form a key part of the leadership team running the operation at the weekend.
- Support the Retail Operations Manager to develop a detailed budget to deliver company and client business objectives
- Agree contract KPIs, monitor performance against KPIs and drive/manage performance and profitability to ensure achievement
- Achieve budgeted sales and profitability, influence key P&L drivers and accurately forecast future financial performance
- Demonstrable leadership and coaching/ support provided to employees on a day-to-day basis to increase engagement and motivation
- Recruit, induct, develop, appraise and review contracted employees as appropriate to ensure successful sign-off probationary
- Identify and manage training and development needs
- Champion and oversee excellent service standards
- Ensure all processes are communicated and followed by all personnel
- Promote and instil belief in customer service ensuring customer expectations are met and where opportunities arise, exceeded
- Maintain excellent communications with client employees ensuring quality information is exchanged when appropriate ie feedback from Leadership Conference
- Deliver all client and company administration and reporting requirements
- Abide by client, company and legislative policies and procedures ensuring consistent compliance
- Maintain quality and standards of overall presentation, ensuring adherence to company and agreed contract standards
- Create excellent inter-company relationships within departments (ie HR, Finance etc., ) and divisions
- Demonstrate a high standard of customer service
- Telephone skills: able to handle calls effectively and professionally
- Administration experience
- Proven experience in stock control
- Proven ability in managing and developing a team
- Confident in people management activities e.g. recruitment, sickness absence, performance management and disciplinary procedures
- Able to understand and translate P &L accounts
- Experienced in prioritising workload
- Computer skills: confident users of all Microsoft Office Suite (Intermediate level or above)
- Transport & Logistics background
- Contract Catering experience
- Fleet management experience
- Effective engagement skills, both on a 1-2-1 basis and within a team
- Calm under pressure – resilient
- Able to work to tight deadlines
- Able to work self-sufficiently
- Excellent communicator
- Demonstrates a passion for customer care
- Motivated to achieve, has a “can do” attitude
- Pro-active self starter who can prioritise effectively, balancing a commercial focus with an understanding of our business
- Strong team working skills at all levels, fostering a culture of continuous improvement and excellence in delivery
- Results focused, persistent in pursuit of achievement
From time to time, you will be required to visit other depots & locations for meetings, training etc and other depots which may require overnight stays.
This role is exempt from The Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974, and requires and DBS Disclosure.
All mileage and travel expenses will be paid for should you be required to attend meetings or training.